The Football Insider has revealed that talks between Tottenham Hotspur and Hugo Lloris have broken down.
The veteran shot-stopper is currently in the final 18 months of his deal at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium and has been linked with a potential move to Paris- Saint Germain. Should Lloris move to Ligue 1, it would see him reunite with former manager Mauricio Pochettino.
The 2018 World Cup winner joined the Lilywhites in 2012 from French club Lyon and instantly became the club’s number one goalkeeper.
Despite being heralded as one of the greatest English Premier League goalkeepers of the past decade, Lloris has not managed to win a piece of major silverware since joining Spurs.
At 34-years-old, he may only have another four years of football left in him.
A move to PSG could be tempting for Lloris. Not only will it allow him to reunite with Pochettino, but he will also be ending his career in his homeland with a side that regularly dominates domestically.
Spurs may be able to convince goalkeeper to stay with them, but the club will need to assure the World Cup winner that they are planning for a title challenge.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer