Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana has signed a new contract with the Premier League leaders, the club have confirmed.
The 32-year-old has been a bit-part player for Jurgen Klopp’s side this season.
His contract with the Reds was due to end at the end of the current season but the Liverpool hierarchy have opted to extend his time at Anfield.
Lallana’s spell at Liverpool has been a success. He has gone on to make 178 appearances in all competitions for the club, scoring 22 goals.
He helped the Anfield giants to win the Champions League last season and is destined to get his first Premier League winners medal this season.
Lallana will know that his long-term future is away from Liverpool but the veteran deserves to be at the Merseyside club to get recognition of his hard work and receive a Premier League winners medal.
Moving forward, the talented midfielder will be looking for a new challenge as first-team opportunities at the Reds will continue to be limited.
Klopp’s Liverpool side have the likes of Naby Keita, Jordan Henderson, Fabinho, Geo Wijnaldum and James Milner as options in the centre of midfield.
However, Lallana’s short-term deal will provide strength in depth for the Reds for the rest of the delayed 2019-20 campaign.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet