Tottenham Hotspur are reportedly confident of completing the signing of Chinese Super League side BJ Sinobo Guoan’s star centre-back Kim Min-jae in the summer transfer window, as per 90min.com.
The North London-based club, under the management of Jose Mourinho, are looking to overhaul their ageing squad for the future campaigns.
One of the key areas identified by the Tottenham hierarchy to bolster in the summer is the defensive unit, where the likes of Jan Vertonghen is seemingly set to leave the club as a free agent.
It was reported earlier that the last season’s UEFA Champions League runners up have identified Min-jae as a perfect fit to replace the Belgium international at Spurs.
Therefore, as per the latest Tottenham news, the hierarchy are confident of securing the deal in the coming days.
The Premier League club are yet to return with an improved offer for the 23-year-old after their initial bid of £10 million was rejected, the report states.
However, all the parties involved are relatively confident that the deal will go through in the coming days.
The South Korean international has been with his current club since January 2019 when he moved from Jeonbuk Hyundai Motors.
Tottenham fans will hope that a busy summer in the transfer window can propel the club back to recent heights in the 2020-21 campaign.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups