Leicester City are keen on signing Christian Eriksen before the end of the January transfer window, according to The Telegraph.
Since leaving Spurs to join Inter Milan in January 2020, Eriksen has failed to shine in Italy. Antonio Conte’s team are set to accept their losses and allow the Dane to leave before the end of the month.
The midfielder had been linked with a return to Tottenham where he spent seven successful years between 2013-2020.
He would receive a mixed reception should he join the Lilywhites. Whilst he will undoubtedly add quality to Jose Mourinho’s side and is proven in the Premier League, many fans were not happy by the manner in which he left, especially as he left in the midst of a season where the club were struggling for results.
However, Eriksen could also be a good fit for the Foxes. Leicester are currently without the services of Dennis Praet due to injury and Eriksen could provide cover and competition.
The Foxes are in the title race this season and should Eriksen move to the King Power Stadium, he could end his long wait for a domestic title in England.
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto