Leeds United will have to compete with Brighton and Hove Albion if they want to sign VFB Stuttgart striker Nicolas Gonzalez, according to a report by The Guardian.
The Whites will be aiming to make some smart additions to their side this summer. Whilst they dominated their way to winning the Championship title last season, they will know that Premier League survival will be the priority for the upcoming season.
They will also have to be weary that the Premier League is a different ball game compared with the top flight. Norwich City won the 2018/19 Championship title but were relegated from the Premier League last season.
Leeds need to increase their striker options; Patrick Bamford was not prolific enough in the Championship last season and it may be dangerous to rely on him to find the back of the net on a regular basis in the top flight.
He managed just 16 goals from 45 appearances in the second tier last season. The 22-year-old Gonzalez showed promise in Germany last season as he scored 14 goals from 27 appearances. He is still young and will get better with age and as a result could be a smart addition to the Whites’ side and may be tempted by the opportunity to play in the Premier League.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer