According to The Daily Mail, Che Adams will not leave Southampton in the January transfer window despite interest from Leeds United.
Leeds are interested in signing Adams on loan from Southampton this month following the return of fellow striker Eddie Nketiah to Arsenal after he struggled for playing time during his loan spell at the Championship, according to the report.
However, it has been claimed that the 23-year-old striker is determined to stay at the Saints and fight for his place in manager Ralph Hasenhuttl’s Southampton team.
Blow for Leeds United
Adams may have struggled at Southampton so far this season, but the 23-year-old is proven at the Championship level and would have been a brilliant signing for Leeds for the second half of the season in their quest to clinch automatic promotion to the Premier League.
According to WhoScored, the former England Under-20 striker scored 22 goals and provided four assists in 46 Championship appearances for Birmingham City last season.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City