According to The Daily Mail, Che Adams will not leave Southampton in the January transfer window despite interest from Leeds United.
Leeds are interested in signing Adams on loan from Southampton this month following the return of fellow striker Eddie Nketiah to Arsenal after he struggled for playing time during his loan spell at the Championship, according to the report.
However, it has been claimed that the 23-year-old striker is determined to stay at the Saints and fight for his place in manager Ralph Hasenhuttl’s Southampton team.
Blow for Leeds United
Adams may have struggled at Southampton so far this season, but the 23-year-old is proven at the Championship level and would have been a brilliant signing for Leeds for the second half of the season in their quest to clinch automatic promotion to the Premier League.
According to WhoScored, the former England Under-20 striker scored 22 goals and provided four assists in 46 Championship appearances for Birmingham City last season.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet
- Five Cracking Soccer Fixtures To Stream In April 2022￼
- Arsenal star Bukayo Saka drops Champions League hint amid Man City’s interest