According to Leeds Live, Leeds United are interested in signing Ian Poveda from Manchester City in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Championship club Leeds are set to sign the 19-year-old winger either on a loan deal or on a permanent contract from Premier League outfit City.
It has been added that if the teenager switches to Elland Road on loan this month, then the deal will be made permanent in the summer of 2020.
Leeds Director of football Victor Orta and head coach Marcelo Bielsa have reportedly scouted the teenager extensively, and the club hope to get the deal done this week.
Replacement for Jack Clarke
Leeds Live has reported that Poveda will be a replacement for Jack Clarke, who returned to his parent club Tottenham Hotspur after cutting shot his loan spell at Elland Road due to lack of playing time.
The 19-year-old, who can also play as an attacking midfielder, has a strong reputation, and while he is one for the future, he will be a good option for Bielsa on the substitutes’ bench.
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative