According to Leeds Live, Leeds United are interested in signing Ian Poveda from Manchester City in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Championship club Leeds are set to sign the 19-year-old winger either on a loan deal or on a permanent contract from Premier League outfit City.
It has been added that if the teenager switches to Elland Road on loan this month, then the deal will be made permanent in the summer of 2020.
Leeds Director of football Victor Orta and head coach Marcelo Bielsa have reportedly scouted the teenager extensively, and the club hope to get the deal done this week.
Replacement for Jack Clarke
Leeds Live has reported that Poveda will be a replacement for Jack Clarke, who returned to his parent club Tottenham Hotspur after cutting shot his loan spell at Elland Road due to lack of playing time.
The 19-year-old, who can also play as an attacking midfielder, has a strong reputation, and while he is one for the future, he will be a good option for Bielsa on the substitutes’ bench.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City