According to L’Arena, Leeds United are set to sign Elia Caprile from Chievo Verona ahead of Norwich City.
It has been reported that Premier League club Norwich have been tracking Caprile for some time.
However, it is Championship outfit Leeds who have won the race for the 18-year-old, who will join the Whites on a long-term deal and will become their first signing of the January transfer window.
Caprile is a very talented and promising young goalkeeper, and although it is unlikely that the teenager will be a regular in the starting lineup anytime soon, he will be a valuable player as an option on the substitutes’ bench and in the squad in Leeds’s quest to finish in the top two of the Championship table this season.
Marcelo Bielsa’s side are at the top of the Championship table at the moment with 52 points from 26 matches, level on points with second-placed West Bromwich Albion and nine points clear of third-placed Brentford.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet
- Five Cracking Soccer Fixtures To Stream In April 2022￼
- Arsenal star Bukayo Saka drops Champions League hint amid Man City’s interest