According to L’Arena, Leeds United are set to sign Elia Caprile from Chievo Verona ahead of Norwich City.
It has been reported that Premier League club Norwich have been tracking Caprile for some time.
However, it is Championship outfit Leeds who have won the race for the 18-year-old, who will join the Whites on a long-term deal and will become their first signing of the January transfer window.
Caprile is a very talented and promising young goalkeeper, and although it is unlikely that the teenager will be a regular in the starting lineup anytime soon, he will be a valuable player as an option on the substitutes’ bench and in the squad in Leeds’s quest to finish in the top two of the Championship table this season.
Marcelo Bielsa’s side are at the top of the Championship table at the moment with 52 points from 26 matches, level on points with second-placed West Bromwich Albion and nine points clear of third-placed Brentford.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City