Leeds United and Celtic are among the clubs interested in signing Branimir Kalaica from Benfica in the summer transfer window, according to Football Insider.
It has been reported that Leeds – who are aiming to clinch automatic promotion from the Championship to the Premier League at the end of the season – are ready to make a ‘firm bid’ for the 22-year-old central defender.
Scottish Premiership giants Celtic and Watford – who are in danger of getting relegated from the top flight of English football at the end of the 2018-19 campaign – are also reported to be interested in the Croatia Under-21 international this summer.
The report in Football Insider has described the youngster as a ‘ball-playing, dominant central defender’ who has ‘scored excellent data metrics on Leeds’ sophisticated tracking tools’.
Good signing for Leeds United or Celtic?
Kalaica has yet to establish himself in the Benfica first team, but the 22-year-old has been playing well and progressing nicely in the club’s B side.
The 22-year-old would be a very good signing for Leeds or Celtic in the long run, but one should not expect him to take the Championship, the Premier League or the Scottish Premiership by storm just yet if he makes the move this summer.
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Premier League’s 2023 Ballon d’Or nominees