According to The Mirror, Leeds United are interested in signing Odsonne Edouard from Celtic in the summer transfer window.
It has been reported that the Whites are planning to make a move for the French striker this summer if they clinch promotion to the Premier League.
Leeds head coach Marcelo Bielsa wants to sign a new striker this summer and has identified the 22-year-old as a potential target, according to the report.
Edouard is one of the best strikers in the Scottish Premiership and is a key figure in the current Celtic team.
The former Paris Saint-Germain youngster scored 22 goals in the Scottish Premiership, and scored three goals and provided two assists in the Europa League for the Hoops this past season, according to WhoScored.
Good signing for Leeds United?
While Patrick Bamford is a good striker, the former Chelsea and Nottingham Forest man can go through barren spells and does miss good chances.
Edouard’s all-round game would suit Leeds, and the 22-year-old is also at an age where Bielsa can mould him into a player of his vision.
However, with Celtic aiming to make it 10 Scottish Premiership titles in a row next season, it remains to be seen if the Glasgow giants will entertain the idea of a bid for Edouard.
- Leon Goretzka signs new contract at Bayern Munich
- Tottenham Hotspur without six first-team stars for Rennes clash
- Arsenal told to forget about appointing Antonio Conte, but Manchester United given hope
- Pedri and Jordi Alba join lengthy Barcelona injury list
- Chelsea open to handing Conor Gallagher first-team berth if he impresses at Crystal Palace