According to BBC Sport, Leeds United have suffered yet another setback in their attempt to sign Che Adams from Southampton.
It has been reported that Leeds made a third bid to sign Adams from Southampton, but the Premier League club have turned it down.
The Championship club proposed a loan deal, with an option to buy for £20 million, but the saints have rejected it, according to the report.
While Adams has struggled to make an impact at Southampton since he joined the Premier League club in the summer of 2019, with the Saints still in danger of getting relegated to the Championship, it would make sense for them to keep hold of him.
After all, the 23-year-old could still contribute with a few goals in the coming weeks and months.
As for Leeds, perhaps it is time for the West Yorkshire outfit to move from Adams and focus on another striker that they would be able to sign this month.
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups