According to BBC Sport, Leeds United have suffered yet another setback in their attempt to sign Che Adams from Southampton.
It has been reported that Leeds made a third bid to sign Adams from Southampton, but the Premier League club have turned it down.
The Championship club proposed a loan deal, with an option to buy for £20 million, but the saints have rejected it, according to the report.
While Adams has struggled to make an impact at Southampton since he joined the Premier League club in the summer of 2019, with the Saints still in danger of getting relegated to the Championship, it would make sense for them to keep hold of him.
After all, the 23-year-old could still contribute with a few goals in the coming weeks and months.
As for Leeds, perhaps it is time for the West Yorkshire outfit to move from Adams and focus on another striker that they would be able to sign this month.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet