Leeds United are keeping tabs on San Lorenzo striker Adolfo Gaich, according to a report by Football Insider.
The Whites are set to resume their promotion push when the Championship season resumes.
The Yorkshire giants are currently in pole position on the English second-tier standings with 71 points after 37 games.
As things stand, Leeds are set to return to the English top-flight next season for the first time since 2004.
The Whites will definitely have to reinforce their side if they win promotion, given that the demands of Premier League football are far heftier than the demands of Championship football.
Patrick Bamford has scored 13 goals in the Championship this season and some pundits have doubts over whether the 26-year-old will be able to score goals on a regular basis in the Premier League.
Signing a new striker next summer is likely to be on the top of the agenda at Elland Road. Gaich who is of German descent chose to represent Argentina at international level.
He has impressive records for Argentina at U-20 and U20 level and earned his senior national team debut last September during a 4-0 victory over Mexico.
Gaich’s record for San Lorenzo does not make for impressive reading as he has scored seven goals for them from 23 league appearances since his debut in 2018.
However, he is still just 21-years-old and can get better under the right guidance. Given that he is South American, there is a good chance that he will be able to work well under Whites boss Marcelo Bielsa.
- Tottenham Hotspur fans critical of Dele Alli’s performance in the north London derby
- Arsenal fans react to Aaron Ramsdale’s performance in the north London derby
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka