Leeds United are interested in signing Britt Assombalonga from Championship rivals Middlesbrough in the January transfer window, according to The Mirror.
It has been reported that Leeds are looking for a replacement for Eddie Nketiah, who returned to his parent club Arsenal from his loan spell at Elland Road after failing to get much playing time at Elland Road in the first half of the season.
The report has claimed that the West Yorkshire outfit want to secure the services of the 27-year-old striker, who has not played since December 7 with an ankle injury and will be fit next week.
Assombalonga joined Middlesbrough from Nottingham Forest in the summer of 2017 for a transfer fee reported by The Mirror to be worth £15 million.
The striker has made 19 starts and one substitute appearance in the Championship for Boro so far this season, scoring six goals and providing two assists in the process, according to WhoScored.
The 27-year-old made 28 starts and 14 substitute appearances in the Championship for Boro during the 2018-19 campaign, scoring 14 goals in the process, according to WhoScored.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups