According to Football Insider, Leeds United are set to announce Elia Caprile as their first signing of the January transfer window.
It has been reported that the goalkeeper has passed a medical at the club and will sign on a permanent contract from Italian club Chievo Verona.
The 18-year-old goalkeeper’s paperwork was finalised on Monday, and the teenager will be formally registered as a Leeds player today, according to the report.
Good long-term signing for Leeds United
Caprile is a very good and promising young goalkeeper who has experience of playing competitive football in Serie A.
Kiko Casilla is the undisputed first-choice goalkeeper at Leeds, but Caprile will be a very good option for head coach Marcelo Bielsa on the substitutes’ bench.
The Italian goalkeeper will compete with Ilan Meslier, who is on loan at Elland Road from Lorient in France at the moment.
Leeds are second in the Championship table at the moment with 52 points from 27 matches, just a point behind leaders West Bromwich Albion.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups