According to Football Insider, Leeds United and Huddersfield Town are interested in signing Ashley Akpan from Chelsea in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Championship and Yorkshire rivals Leeds and Huddersfield are interested in securing the services of the 15-year-old defender.
It has been reported that the teenager defender is heading to Thorp Arch to under a trial with Leeds.
The report has added that the youngster has been invited to Huddersfield’s training ground as well, with the two clubs in Yorkshire going to battle for him.
It has been further claimed that Chelsea have informed Akpan that he will not be offered a scholarship deal.
One for the future
Chelsea may not want Akpan anymore, but the 15-year-old is hugely talented, and he could prove to be a very good long-term acquisition for Leeds or Huddersfield.
Leeds have a history of producing and developing talented young footballers, and Akpan should perhaps pick them over Huddersfield.
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative