According to Football Insider, Leeds United and Huddersfield Town are interested in signing Ashley Akpan from Chelsea in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Championship and Yorkshire rivals Leeds and Huddersfield are interested in securing the services of the 15-year-old defender.
It has been reported that the teenager defender is heading to Thorp Arch to under a trial with Leeds.
The report has added that the youngster has been invited to Huddersfield’s training ground as well, with the two clubs in Yorkshire going to battle for him.
It has been further claimed that Chelsea have informed Akpan that he will not be offered a scholarship deal.
One for the future
Chelsea may not want Akpan anymore, but the 15-year-old is hugely talented, and he could prove to be a very good long-term acquisition for Leeds or Huddersfield.
Leeds have a history of producing and developing talented young footballers, and Akpan should perhaps pick them over Huddersfield.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City