Leeds United are interested in signing Rangers star Ryan Kent in a £24 million move, according to Leeds Live.
The Whites are preparing to play in the Premier League for the first time in 16 years and are looking to bolster their side ahead of the new campaign.
They have been active in the transfer market and have already roped in IIIan Meslier on a permanent deal from FC Lorient and Jack Harrison who will be with the club for a third season on loan from Manchester City.
The report added that Marcelo Bielsa’s side had an £10 million bid turned down for Kent last week but that they are still keen on securing his signature.
The 23-year-old Kent is a product of the Liverpool youth development system but left the Reds permanently in 2019 in order to link up with Steven Gerrard’s Rangers. He never quite managed to win the trust of the Liverpool bosses and failed to register a single Premier League appearance for the club during the four years that he was on the first-team roster.
It is likely that the former England U20 international will be keen on a move to England in order to take his career to the next level as he was highly impressive for the Gers last season.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups