Leeds United are set to submit a bid for Lanus winger Pedro De la Vega, according to Ole.
The 19-year-old was impressive in the Argentine Primera Division last season as he scored four goals from 17 league games.
Should the Whites wish to land the teenager, they will have to fork out around £7.5 million, added the report.
The South American Connection
Leeds are regularly tipped to sign players from Argentina. A big reason behind this is because their manager Marcelo Bielsa hails from the South American nation.
De la Vega is a bright prospect who has earned comparisons to PSG wide-man Angel Di Maria and Leeds could be a good environment for the youngster to hone his craft and take his game to the next level.
At this stage of his career, he is probably not ready to be relied upon to be a key attacker for the Whites. However, he could be a good player to add to the team’s squad depth and be a good long-term investment for the club.
Bielsa has a good reputation in terms of working with young talent. This could make Elland Road an attractive destination for De la Vega.
- Preview: Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups