According to The Telegraph, Leeds United and Nottingham Forest are interested in signing Che Adams from Southampton in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Leeds have identified Adams as their number one transfer target this month to replace striker Eddie Nketiah, who is going back to his parent club Arsenal after struggling to get enough playing time during his loan spell at Elland Road so far this season.
The Whites’ Championship rivals Forest are also reported to be interested in securing the services of the 23-year-old forward.
The report has added that Southampton do not want to send the former Birmingham City player out on loan in the January transfer window.
Adams has made eight starts and seven substitute appearances in the Premier League for Southampton so far this season, according to WhoScored.
During the 2018-19 campaign, the 23-year-old made 43 starts and three substitute appearances in the Championship for Birmingham, scoring 22 goals and providing four assists in the process, according to WhoScored.
The forward joined Premier League outfit Southampton from Championship club Birmingham in the summer of 2019 for a transfer fee reported by BBC Sport to be worth £15 million.
- Reading set for points deduction
- Marcos Alonso to stop taking the knee before games
- Roy Keane urges Manchester United to sign Declan Rice from West Ham United
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself