Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa has identified Juventus winger Douglas Costa as a potential replacement for Raphinha, according to Juve Live.
Since joining the Whites from Rennes last summer, Raphinha has quickly adapted to the demands of the Premier League and has been one of the club’s best players this season.
His form has seen him linked with a potential switch to Anfield at the end of the campaign.
If Raphinha can continue his current level of form, it is unlikely that they will be able to keep hold of the winger, as he would want to be playing in the Champions League at this stage of his career. Despite impressing this season, it looks unlikely that Leeds will be able to offer the South American European football next term.
Given that he is contracted to the Yorkshire giants until 2024, Leeds will be able to command a high fee from any potential suitors.
Costa is currently on loan at Bayern Munich from Juventus. The 30-year-old could be available on a free transfer at the end of the season as his contract with the Old Lady is due to expire.
The Brazilian may be keen to experience the Premier League at this stage of his career and would be a good replacement for Raphinha. However, it remains to be seen who Leeds will have to compete with in the race to secure his signature.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer