Leeds United have entered talks with Arsenal to sign defender Calum Chambers, according to TEAMtalk.
The England international does not appear to be part of the Gunners’ first-team plans going forward as he made just 14 league appearances last season. Since joining Arsenal in 2014 from Southampton, the 25-year-old has struggled to deliver good performances on a long-term basis at the Emirates.
He did fare better during two loan spells with Middlesbrough and Fulham in the top-flight. Even though the duo were relegated when Chambers was on their books, he was a top-performer on both occasions and certainly proved that he is worthy of playing in the Premier League.
Leeds are preparing to play in the top-flight for the first time in 16-years and need players with Premier League experience. They will have to find a replacement for Ben White, who has since re-joined parent club Brighton and Hove Albion. The Seagulls appear to not be keen on selling or loaning out the centre-back to a rival team.
Whilst Chambers does not appear to be a good fit at Arsenal, he is clearly capable of succeeding in the top-flight. A move to Elland Road could be what he needs to revive his career.
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative