Leeds United are interested in signing unsettled Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi, according to a report by the London Evening Standard.
The Belgian international is believed to have no future at Stamford Bridge and will likely be leaving the Blues ahead of the new season. He has not found the net on a regular basis since his arrival at Chelsea from Marseille in 2016 which likely means that he is now surplus to requirements under Frank Lampard.
Bashuayi was the third choice striker for Chelsea last season and was below Tammy Abraham and Olivier Giroud in the pecking order, netting just one Premier League goal.
The arrival of Timo Werner at Stamford Bridge from RB Leipzig means that he is the fourth choice striker for the Blues as things stand.
Leeds need to make signings with Premier League experience in order to improve their chances of avoiding relegation next season.
Patrick Bamford was not exactly prolific in the Championship last season while leading the line for the Whites and signing a new striker will be a priority for Marcelo Bielsa’s side.
Batshuayi has Premier League experience and also previously worked under Leeds manager Bielsa whilst the duo were affiliated to Ligue 1 club Marseille.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups