Leeds United are eyeing a move for Mainz striker Jean-Philippe Mateta, according to Football Insider.
Marcelo Bielsa’s side have made a solid start to the Premier League season- especially when considering that this is their first season back in the top-flight after a 16-year absence.
Leeds are currently in 12th place and will be aiming for a solid finish in the top half to end the season on a good note.
The club’s first-choice striker Patrick Bamford has exceeded expectations this season and has scored eight goals in the Premier League. Questions were asked of the Englishman before the beginning of the season, as many questioned whether he is good enough for the top-flight.
Bamford currently does not have much competition for the number nine shirt, which has led to rumours that Bielsa may look to bring in a new striker this month.
Mateta has been in good form in Germany this season and has scored ten goals in 16 appearances in all competitions.
A deal looks like it could be agreed, as Mainz could be tempted to sell the Frenchman at the right price.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet