Leeds United are eyeing a move for Mainz striker Jean-Philippe Mateta, according to Football Insider.
Marcelo Bielsa’s side have made a solid start to the Premier League season- especially when considering that this is their first season back in the top-flight after a 16-year absence.
Leeds are currently in 12th place and will be aiming for a solid finish in the top half to end the season on a good note.
The club’s first-choice striker Patrick Bamford has exceeded expectations this season and has scored eight goals in the Premier League. Questions were asked of the Englishman before the beginning of the season, as many questioned whether he is good enough for the top-flight.
Bamford currently does not have much competition for the number nine shirt, which has led to rumours that Bielsa may look to bring in a new striker this month.
Mateta has been in good form in Germany this season and has scored ten goals in 16 appearances in all competitions.
A deal looks like it could be agreed, as Mainz could be tempted to sell the Frenchman at the right price.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer