Leeds United are eyeing a move for Mainz striker Jean-Philippe Mateta, according to Football Insider.
Marcelo Bielsa’s side have made a solid start to the Premier League season- especially when considering that this is their first season back in the top-flight after a 16-year absence.
Leeds are currently in 12th place and will be aiming for a solid finish in the top half to end the season on a good note.
The club’s first-choice striker Patrick Bamford has exceeded expectations this season and has scored eight goals in the Premier League. Questions were asked of the Englishman before the beginning of the season, as many questioned whether he is good enough for the top-flight.
Bamford currently does not have much competition for the number nine shirt, which has led to rumours that Bielsa may look to bring in a new striker this month.
Mateta has been in good form in Germany this season and has scored ten goals in 16 appearances in all competitions.
A deal looks like it could be agreed, as Mainz could be tempted to sell the Frenchman at the right price.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction