Manchester United are set to complete a deal for Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly, according to Italian journalist Fabio Santini (via Sport Witness).
The reporter revealed the information whilst on the TV show Il Processo and stated that the Senegal enforcer would move to Old Trafford in the summer, not January.
Area Napoli shared Santini’s quotes, with the journalist saying: “Napoli will sell Kalidou Koulibaly to Manchester United for a figure of around €70-75m (£60-64.2m). It seems all done. Naturally, such a deal will be closed only in June and certainly not in January in the winter transfer window.”
Indeed, whether such a move happens remains to be seen, however he could be an excellent addition to Manchester United and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side.
The Red Devils have had their problems keeping the ball out of the back of their net this season as they have conceded 25 goals so far (Premier League) and have only managed to keep four clean sheets – just two more than bottom-ranked Tottenham Hotspur and Norwich City.
According to data taken from WhoScored, Koulibaly averages 2.6 tackles, 1.1 interceptions and 2.8 clearances per game in his 14 Serie A outings so far, which in comparison to the current centre-backs at Man Utd, is perhaps a little better.
Harry Maguire may have only achieved an average of 1.1 tackles per outing, however he has managed 1.7 interceptions and four clearances every 90 mins in 22 appearances, whereas Victor Lindelof has averages of 0.7 tackles, 0.8 interceptions and 3.5 clearances in the 21 times he has featured in the Premier League (via WhoScored).
- Tottenham Hotspur fans critical of Dele Alli’s performance in the north London derby
- Arsenal fans react to Aaron Ramsdale’s performance in the north London derby
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka