Tottenham Hotspur have made an offer to Chelsea attacking midfielder Willian, according to Football Insider.
Willian, who can also operate as a winger, is out of contract at Chelsea at the end of the season.
Spurs have made early moves to sign the Brazil international and have offered a ‘lucrative contract and multi-million signing-on fee’ to the 31-year-old, according to the report.
The report has added that Tottenham head coach Jose Mourinho has personally held talks with the former Shakhtar Donetsk star.
According to WhoScored, Willian has made 26 starts and seven substitute appearances in the Premier League for Chelsea so far this season, scoring nine goals and providing seven assists in the process.
The attacking midfielder has also scored one goal and provided one assist in seven Champions League games for Frank Lampard’s side this campaign, according to WhoScored.
Good signing for Tottenham Hotspur?
Willian is one of the best attacking players in the Premier League, and worked with Tottenham head coach Mourinho at Chelsea.
The 31-year-old remains at the top of his game, and he would be a coup for Spurs on a free transfer and would make an immediate impact on the team.
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills