Tottenham Hotspur have made an offer to Chelsea attacking midfielder Willian, according to Football Insider.
Willian, who can also operate as a winger, is out of contract at Chelsea at the end of the season.
Spurs have made early moves to sign the Brazil international and have offered a ‘lucrative contract and multi-million signing-on fee’ to the 31-year-old, according to the report.
The report has added that Tottenham head coach Jose Mourinho has personally held talks with the former Shakhtar Donetsk star.
According to WhoScored, Willian has made 26 starts and seven substitute appearances in the Premier League for Chelsea so far this season, scoring nine goals and providing seven assists in the process.
The attacking midfielder has also scored one goal and provided one assist in seven Champions League games for Frank Lampard’s side this campaign, according to WhoScored.
Good signing for Tottenham Hotspur?
Willian is one of the best attacking players in the Premier League, and worked with Tottenham head coach Mourinho at Chelsea.
The 31-year-old remains at the top of his game, and he would be a coup for Spurs on a free transfer and would make an immediate impact on the team.
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative