According to The Express, Tottenham Hotspur head coach Jose Mourinho has identified West Ham United central defender Issa Diop as a replacement for Jan Vertonghen.
Vertonghen is out of contract at Tottenham at the end of the season, and no new deal is in place yet.
The 32-year-old Belgium international central defender is reportedly stalling on a new deal with Spurs, and Mourinho is claimed to want Diop in the January transfer window to replace him.
However, Tottenham are not the only club in the Premier League who are reported to be interested in signing Diop this month.
According to The Express, Chelsea are planning to make a bid of £40 million for the 22-year-old French centre-back.
The report has claimed that although West Ham manager David Moyes do not want to lose the youngster, the London club value him at £50 million.
West Ham are fighting for survival in the Premier League this season and cannot afford to lose the youngster in the middle of the campaign.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet