According to The Express, Tottenham Hotspur head coach Jose Mourinho has identified West Ham United central defender Issa Diop as a replacement for Jan Vertonghen.
Vertonghen is out of contract at Tottenham at the end of the season, and no new deal is in place yet.
The 32-year-old Belgium international central defender is reportedly stalling on a new deal with Spurs, and Mourinho is claimed to want Diop in the January transfer window to replace him.
However, Tottenham are not the only club in the Premier League who are reported to be interested in signing Diop this month.
According to The Express, Chelsea are planning to make a bid of £40 million for the 22-year-old French centre-back.
The report has claimed that although West Ham manager David Moyes do not want to lose the youngster, the London club value him at £50 million.
West Ham are fighting for survival in the Premier League this season and cannot afford to lose the youngster in the middle of the campaign.
- Mikel Arteta hails Arsenal’s post-international break renaissance
- Man City pair set to miss crucial fixtures against Chelsea, Liverpool and PSG
- Who are the fastest players and 5-star skillers on FIFA 22?
- Robert Lewandowski dedicates his Golden Shoe award to his Bayern Munich teammates
- Reading set for points deduction