The 20-year-old has managed just three competitive appearances for Spurs this season. It is evident that he is not in Jose Mourinho’s immediate plans and a loan move could help the winger get important game time in the second half of the season.
The number of attacking players in the Tottenham squad also makes it hard to see Clarke breaking into the first-team this season.
The Englishman has at Spurs since 2019. He signed for the North London giants after an impressive 2018-19 campaign with Leeds United.
The U20 international did have a loan spell with Queens Park Rangers last season. However, he failed to cement a place in the team, as he made just six appearances in the Championship.
One of Clarke’s strengths is that he is a versatile forward, and can play on both sides of the pitch.
Stoke are currently eighth in the Championship and Clarke could help the Potters challenge for a playoff spot this season.
- Manchester United planning to put seven players on transfer list
- Pundit claims Harry Kane has been affected by transfer talk – he has no one to blame but himself
- Tuchel was not scared of Kane joining Manchester City
- Varane reveals his special history with Manchester United
- Nottingham Forest must appoint Chris Wilder as their next manager