Callum Hudson-Odoi will not be leaving Chelsea this January on either a loan or permanent deal, according to The Athletic’s Simon Johnson.
The 20-year-old is not a first-team regular at Stamford Bridge, with Hakim Ziyech, Timo Werner and Christian Pulisic all ahead of the Englishman in the club’s pecking order.
Despite being highly rated, Hudson-Odoi has not even been included in the club’s matchday squad for the last two games.
The 20-year-old was previously strongly tipped to join Bayern Munich in 2018 and reportedly handed in a transfer request to force through a move. However, his desire to leave the club didn’t materialise in a move to Bavaria.
With Chelsea in fine form this season, it looks unlikely that Hudson-Odoi will get any game time soon. However, with Pulisic being injury-prone, manager Frank Lampard may opt to keep him until the end of the season to add to the side’s squad depth.
Chelsea are currently in third place in the league standings and two points behind joint-leaders Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur.
One of the Blues’ strengths is their squad depth. Hudson-Odoi could get more game time as the season progresses as players will need to be rested during a packed festive schedule.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer