Callum Hudson-Odoi will not be leaving Chelsea this January on either a loan or permanent deal, according to The Athletic’s Simon Johnson.
The 20-year-old is not a first-team regular at Stamford Bridge, with Hakim Ziyech, Timo Werner and Christian Pulisic all ahead of the Englishman in the club’s pecking order.
Despite being highly rated, Hudson-Odoi has not even been included in the club’s matchday squad for the last two games.
The 20-year-old was previously strongly tipped to join Bayern Munich in 2018 and reportedly handed in a transfer request to force through a move. However, his desire to leave the club didn’t materialise in a move to Bavaria.
With Chelsea in fine form this season, it looks unlikely that Hudson-Odoi will get any game time soon. However, with Pulisic being injury-prone, manager Frank Lampard may opt to keep him until the end of the season to add to the side’s squad depth.
Chelsea are currently in third place in the league standings and two points behind joint-leaders Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur.
One of the Blues’ strengths is their squad depth. Hudson-Odoi could get more game time as the season progresses as players will need to be rested during a packed festive schedule.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups