According to Football Insider, Tottenham Hotspur are stepping up their bid to sign Max Aarons from Norwich City in the January transfer window, with a representative from the North London outfit calling the Canaries’ camp “every day”.
It has been reported that Tottenham are trying to convince the 20-year-old to leave Norwich for Tottenham Hotspur Stadium this month.
Need for a right-back
Tottenham need to sign a right-back in the January transfer window, as the Premier League club did not properly replace Kieran Trippier in the summer of 2019 when he joined Spanish club Atletico Madrid.
Kyle Walker-Peters is very inexperienced, while Serge Aurier has not been a huge success at Spurs.
Aarons is a very talented and promising young right-back who can be a star for Tottenham in years to come.
According to WhoScored, the 20-year-old right-back has made 20 appearances in the Premier League for Norwich so far this season.
- Luka Shaw deems Man United ‘way too easy to play against’ after Liverpool demolition
- Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta waxes lyrical about Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s leadership skills
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City