According to Football Insider, Tottenham Hotspur have made a late move to sign Louie Barry from Barcelona ahead of Aston Villa.
It has been reported that Villa have agreed a £3 million deal with Barcelona over the transfer of Barry in the January transfer window.
The 16-year-old striker has already been at the Villans’ training ground, but Tottenham have made a late attempt to hijack the deal, according to the report.
The report has added that Villa are confident that they will be able to secure the services of the former West Bromwich Albion prospect.
One for the future
Barry joined Barcelona only in the summer of 2019 after leaving West Brom at the end of last season.
The striker is only 16 years of age, and he is far from the finished article and nowhere ready to be part of the first team at any club.
Villa have a good youth academy, and the striker will improve and develop being there.
- Signing both Jack Grealish and Harry Kane will not be financially viable for Manchester City
- Newcastle should consider swooping for Percy Tau
- Tammy Abraham’s salary demands proving to be stumbling block for West Ham
- Everton should sell James Rodriguez
- Manchester United must stay away from signing Jerome Boateng