Fulham are interested in signing Tottenham goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga, according to The Daily Telegraph.
The Cottagers impressively managed to win promotion to the Premier League last season at the first time of asking after having been relegated during the 2018/19 season. That was impressive given that a lot of clubs struggle during their first season in the Championship as a result of structural changes that take place within their clubs.
However, given that they got promoted via the Championship promotion/playoffs, Scott Parker’s side will be one of the pre-season favourites to be in the relegation battle next season. The report added that the Cottagers are looking to add players with Premier League experience to their roster and that they have earmarked Gazzaniga as a priority target.
The Argentinian goalie featured heavily for Spurs last season when Hugo Lloris was injured due to an elbow problem. He proved during that time that he is a skilled shot-stopper who is worthy of playing in the top-flight.
However, with Lloris back in action now, he is unlikely to get much playing time next season. With Joe Hart having been roped in by Jose Mourinho’s side on a free transfer, the Lilywhites may be open to listening to offers for Gazzaniga.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups