West Ham manager David Moyes will allow defender Issa Diop to leave the club on loan before the end of the transfer window, according to Football Insider.
The Frenchman has fallen down the pecking order at the London Stadium this season, as he has made only four Premier League appearances.
As things stand, Angelo Ogbonna and Craig Dawson are Moyes’ first-choice defensive pairing with Fabian Balbuena providing the duo with competition. Diop’s chances of first-team football with the Hammers looks unlikely to change in the second half of the season.
The 24-year-old joined West Ham in the summer of 2018 from boyhood club Toulouse. The central defender was a first-team regular for West Ham in his first two seasons with the club and was previously linked with moves to Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur.
He is unlikely to be short of offers if he seeks a move away from the club this month. A loan move could give him the opportunity to start playing regular first-team football again and rediscover his best form.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet