The Toffees will be aiming to add quality to their squad ahead of next season.
Under the guidance of Carlo Ancelotti, Everton will be aiming for nothing less than to secure European football next season.
The 23-year-old Cicaldau has shone in the Romanian top-flight this season.
He has managed 15 goals from 38 games in all competitions for Universitatea Craiova in 2019-20. He will likely be open to a new challenge now in order to take his career to the next level.
The report added that the player is likely to cost around Everton £3.5 million, which represents a bargain in today’s market.
Whilst the Romanian league is not of the same standard as the Premier League, Everton could land a massive coup if they manage to sign Cicaldau for that price.
It will be good if he can replicate his statistics from this season in the Premier League next term.
The report also claimed that Sampdoria are interested in signing the Romania international but that the Toffees believe that they are leading the race to sign him.
Everton also need to sign a new striker this summer.
Dominic Calvert-Lewin has shown plenty of promise as he has scored 13 top-flight goals from 34 games.
However, Everton need someone who can share the burden with the youngsters. The Toffees have arguably not had a lethal striker since the departure of Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United.
- Tottenham Hotspur without six first-team stars for Rennes clash
- Arsenal told to forget about appointing Antonio Conte, but Manchester United given hope
- Pedri and Jordi Alba join lengthy Barcelona injury list
- Chelsea open to handing Conor Gallagher first-team berth if he impresses at Crystal Palace
- David Alaba wanted to join Barcelona before Real Madrid move, claims Uli Hoeness