According to a report in The Daily Star, Everton are interested in signing Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg from Premier League rivals Southampton in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti wants to sign a midfielder and has identified the 24-year-old as a transfer target this month.
The report has claimed that the Saints want as much as £35 million as transfer fee for the Denmark international.
Hojbjerg has been at Southampton since 2016 and has established himself as an important player for the Saints.
According to WhoScored, the former Bayern Munich midfielder has made 22 starts and one substitute appearance in the Premier League for the Saints so far this season, while during the 2018-19 campaign, he scored four goals and provided three assists in 31 league fixtures.
Everton are 12th in the Premier League table at the moment with 30 points from 24 matches, while Southampton are a point ahead of them in ninth.
- Celtic and Rangers face uphill Champions League battle
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative