According to a report in The Daily Star, Everton are interested in signing Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg from Premier League rivals Southampton in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti wants to sign a midfielder and has identified the 24-year-old as a transfer target this month.
The report has claimed that the Saints want as much as £35 million as transfer fee for the Denmark international.
Hojbjerg has been at Southampton since 2016 and has established himself as an important player for the Saints.
According to WhoScored, the former Bayern Munich midfielder has made 22 starts and one substitute appearance in the Premier League for the Saints so far this season, while during the 2018-19 campaign, he scored four goals and provided three assists in 31 league fixtures.
Everton are 12th in the Premier League table at the moment with 30 points from 24 matches, while Southampton are a point ahead of them in ninth.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet
- Five Cracking Soccer Fixtures To Stream In April 2022￼
- Arsenal star Bukayo Saka drops Champions League hint amid Man City’s interest