Newcastle United and Everton are interested in signing Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace in the summer transfer window, according to The Daily Mail.
It has been reported that Everton wanted to sign the former Manchester United winger from Premier League rivals Palace last summer, but the Toffees backed away after the Eagles demanded £80 million as transfer fee.
The Merseyside outfit retain their interest in the Ivory Coast international, but while Newcastle also want the 27-year-old, a move from the Magpies depends on whether or not the proposed takeover from Saudi Arabia’s Public Investment Fund (PIF) goes through, according to the report.
According to WhoScored, Zaha has made 34 starts and one substitute appearance in the Premier League for Newcastle this season, scoring four goals and providing three assists in the process.
During the 2018-19 campaign, the 27-year-old winger scored 10 goals and provided five assists in 34 Premier League games for the Magpies, according to WhoScored.
Leaving Crystal Palace
Palace are an established club in the Premier League, but the London outfit are not going to be in Europe or challenge for trophies anytime soon.
Given just how good the 27-year-old is, Zaha will have to leave for a bigger club to win big trophies.
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet
- Five Cracking Soccer Fixtures To Stream In April 2022￼
- Arsenal star Bukayo Saka drops Champions League hint amid Man City’s interest