According to UOL, Everton are interested in signing Lucas Verissimo from Santos in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that the Premier League club have made a bid to sign Verissimo on loan this month, but Brazilian outfit Santos has turned it down.
A report in Futebol Interior has added that Santos will sell the 24-year-old central defender for £7 million.
Need for a central defender
Everton do have a good squad, but it has been made clear this season that the Toffees need to sign a central defender, not just for the second half of the campaign, but for the coming years.
The Toffees have looked vulnerable at the back this season, and the Merseyside outfit need to sort out that department.
Carlo Ancelotti has only just been appointed as the new Everton manager, and the Italian needs to address the problems at the back.
If £7 million is all it takes to sign Verissimo, then Everton should cough up that transfer fee and sign him.
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto