Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti wants the club to sign Sampdoria midfielder Ronaldo Vieira, according to Football Insider.
The report suggests that the Toffees target is valued at £14 million and a deal to sign him can run right down to deadline day on Friday.
Ancelotti was reportedly impressed by the dynamic player during his time in Serie A and wants to bring him to Everton in a late swoop in the transfer window.
A product of the Leeds United academy, Vieira played 71 times at Elland Road before moving to Italy in 2018.
Everton target Vieira has been an integral part of Sampdoria’s team this season, featuring 18 times as the club fights to stay in the Italian top flight.
Ancelotti has been on the lookout for a midfielder in this window with Everton having links with several midfielders including former Liverpool man Emre Can.
The Italian seemingly believes that the squad lacks a top-class midfielder, which has prevented them from challenging for a top-six spot in recent times.
This Everton problem has been exacerbated by the injury to Andre Gomes, who returned to training this week following several weeks out.
Vieira’s experience in the Championship means that the physicality and speed of the Premier League shouldn’t come as a shock, a question that is often asked of foreign imports.
Just 21, Vieira has been capped by England at the youth level and has made over 100 senior appearances thanks to his athletic industrious playing style.
Everton fans will be hoping that the club can complete the sensational transfer which will help them finish the season strongly.
- Tottenham Hotspur fans critical of Dele Alli’s performance in the north London derby
- Arsenal fans react to Aaron Ramsdale’s performance in the north London derby
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka