Everton are interested in signing former Liverpool player Emre Can and are ready to offer Juventus £30 million for the midfielder, according to the Daily Mail.
The German played for Liverpool from 2014 to 2018, moving to Juventus at the end of his spell for £13 million.
Reported Everton target Can has found life in Turin tough so far, making just eight appearances this season and he is seemingly not in the long term plans of Juve manager Maurizio Sarri.
Sarri did not even include Can in his Champions League squad for the season.
Everton manager Carlo Ancelotti is looking for reinforcements in his midfield following the absence of Andre Gomes.
The Portuguese international is set for a long spell on the sidelines after sustaining an injury in a match against Tottenham Hotspur earlier this season.
Ancelotti feels that his side is lacking a top level midfielder who can be a creative force and act as the key playmaker.
Everton have reportedly lodged a £30 million bid for the former Red.
Can would not be the first person to play for both Merseyside clubs, following in the footsteps of Steve McMahon, Peter Beardsley, Nick Barmby, Gary Ablett, Abel Xavier, Kevin Sheedy, Sander Westerveld and David Johnson.
Everton are also expected to allow promising youngster Matty Foulds to leave on loan until the end of the season to facilitate his development.
The Toffees are also being linked to Gremio striker Everton Soares following the loan move of Cenk Tosun and the expected departure of Oumar Niasse according to The Sun.
- Tottenham Hotspur fans critical of Dele Alli’s performance in the north London derby
- Arsenal fans react to Aaron Ramsdale’s performance in the north London derby
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka