Inter Milan are aiming to keep midfielder Matias Vecino on their books beyond this month and this mean’s that Everton’s hopes of signing the player could be over, according to reliable journalist Gianluca Di Marzio.
The Toffees have been heavily linked with a potential move for the Uruguay international this month.
Everton have been rather underwhelming for a club of their stature this season and this was what led to them parting ways with Marco Silva.
Their results have improved since Carlo Ancelotti was appointed as Toffees boss though the club needs to make a few new signings if they want to be a threat to the top six clubs going forward.
At 28-years-old, reported Eveton target Vecino is at the peak of his career.
He has a wealth of experience, having made 73 Serie A appearances for Inter since his arrival at the club in 2017 and could have been a good addition to bolster the Toffees midfield.
It does however look like Inter boss Antonio Conte wants to keep Vecino with his club until the end of the season at least.
The 41-times capped Uruguay international has slipped down the pecking order at Inter this season and has made just 14 Serie A appearances so far, scoring one goal.
It is likely that Conte wants to keep him until the end of the season to add depth to his side as they aim to beat Juventus to the Italian top-flight title.
Everton can monitor the player for a summer move but the Goodison PArk fans will surely hope a central midfielder is added to Ancelotti’s squad before the January window closes on Friday.
- Emile Smith Rowe reacts on Twitter after Arsenal’s stunning north London derby win
- Hugo Lloris admits Tottenham Hotspur were outclassed by Arsenal in the north London derby
- Mikel Arteta confirms worrying injury blow for Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka
- Premier League trio linked with possible January move for Aaron Ramsey
- West Ham United interested in signing Clermont striker Mohamed Bayo