Everton are extremely optimistic about the signing of young Brazilian defender Gabriel Magalhães in the summer transfer window, according to The Mirror.
The Toffees are going through a tough campaign where they are currently placed in 12th position on the league table with 37 points after 29 matches.
This season, Everton are clearly going through a transitional phase under manager Carlo Ancelotti, who replaced Marco Silva on the bench at Goodison Park.
The Mirror state that the Everton hierarchy is optimistic about completing the signing of the 22-year-old in the summer transfer window.
Gabriel is very highly-rated and has been linked with other Premier League clubs also.
It is believed that Everton will have to pay in the region of £30 million in order to complete the signing of the Brazil U23 international.
Gabriel has been with the French Ligue 1 outfit Lille since the summer of 2017 when he moved from Avaí Futebol Clube (SC).
In the ongoing season, the young centre-back has been in impressive form for his current club where he has made 34 appearances in all competitions.
Everton could certainly use defensive reinforcements and the Goodison Park faithful will be keen for a number of new faces to arrive at the club ahead of next season.
- Man City boss Pep Guardiola responds to Raheem Sterling exit hint
- Jurgen Klopp voices his concern about controversial Newcastle United takeover
- Raheem Sterling reveals his frustration with lack of game time at Manchester City
- Newcastle United have real interest in Real Betis playmaker Nabil Fekir
- Barcelona suffer break down in contract talks with Sergi Roberto