Everton U23 striker Fraser Hornby is reportedly set to leave the club permanently in the summer transfer window, according to Football Insider.
The Scotland U21 international is currently on a season-long loan with the Belgian club KV Kortrijk and is set to return to his parent club in the summer.
However, as per Football Insider, Everton youngster Hornby has agreed a four-year deal with the French Ligue 1 outfit Stade Reims for a possible move in the summer transfer window.
The report further stated that the Toffees have already accepted an offer from the French team for the striker.
Reims had a decent campaign on the domestic front where they finished on the eighth position of the league table with 55 points when the season was declared over due to the coronavirus crisis.
It is believed that the tall striker’s departure will push Everton into finding a suitable replacement.
If the deal is finalised, Hornby will leave Everton after making just one senior team appearance, which came in the 2017 UEFA Europa League against Apollon Limassol.
During his loan spell for Kortrijk, the young striker has shown a lot of promise where he has four goals and an assist to his name.
However, Everton have lofty ambitions under Carlo Ancelotti and the Goodison Park faithful will expect star names to be added to the Toffees squad at the earliest opportunity.
- Preview: Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups