Everton are interested in signing Dele Alli on loan from Tottenham Hotspur, according to a report published by The Mirror.
The England international has fallen down the pecking order at Spurs. It does not appear that he has a future at the club under Jose Mourinho as he has made just one Premier League start this season.
With Spurs in excellent form and sitting on top of the league standings, Alli’s chances of forcing his way into the first-team picture appear slim.
Alli will need to play regularly if he wants to stand a chance of making the England squad for the rescheduled European Championships next summer. There are many clubs that will be keen on securing his signature if he is made available in the January window.
The report added that Toffees boss Carlo Ancelotti is keen on securing either Alli or Harry Winks on loan. A move to Goodison Park would suit the 24-year-old. It would allow him to play under a distinguished manager in Ancelotti and also play more minutes than he has so far this season for Spurs.
Everton are aiming to challenge for a European finish this season, and with names like James Rodriguez, Richarlison and Lucas Digne in their squad, they are considered front-runners to challenge for a top-six place.
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Premier League’s 2023 Ballon d’Or nominees