Everton are lining up a move for Brentford striker Ivan Toney, according to a report by Calciomercato.
After joining the Bees last summer, the 24-year-old has shone in the Championship. He has scored 13 goals from 15 League games so far this season. Brentford will not want to lose the striker in January as they are eyeing promotion and will want Toney to play a pivotal role in their goal.
After making a very strong start to the Premier League season, Everton’s form has waned in recent weeks. There is no doubt that Carlo Ancelotti will be looking to strengthen his side further in order to take the side to the next level. Dominic Calvert-Lewin has been one of the success stories in the Premier League this season, as he has scored 11 goals so far this season. The 23-year-old also made his England debut this season, and scored his first international goal against Wales in October.
However, if Calvert-Lewin carries on at this rate, it will just be a matter of time before clubs with Champions League status come circling for his signature. The same can also be said of fellow striker Richarlison.
Everton must start planning for the future and get a plan in place to replace the duo should they leave. Besides providing competition to Calvert-Lewin, Toney could also prove to be good value for money replacing the Englishman in the long-run.
- Preview: Nottingham Forest vs Manchester United – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups