Premier League club Aston Villa are keen on signing Galatasaray defender Christian Luyindama in the summer transfer window, according to Turkish source Sozcu.
The Villans are going through a difficult first campaign back in the Premier League where they are involved in a relegation battle.
Villa are currently placed in 19th position on the league table with 25 points after 28 matches, three adrift of safety.
Therefore, as per Turkish newspaper Sozcu, Villa are interested in making a move for Luyindama in the summer transfer window in order to bolster their struggling defensive unit.
The report further stated that Villa are ready to bid in the region of €15 million (£13.5 million) for the 26-year-old and the Turkish club are willing to accept the offer as well.
However, it is believed that Villa’s move for Luyindama will be based on their survival in the Premier League.
The DR Congo international has been with Galatasaray since January 2019 where he first arrived on a short-loan deal from Standard Liege and later his move became permanent.
Since then, the defender has represented his current club in 32 matches in all competitions ,where he has managed to score two goals and provided a solitary assist.
Villa are the first team back in action when the Premier League restarts on Wednesday night, with the Birmingham-based outfit taking on Sheffield United.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet