Christian Eriksen is keen to join Tottenham Hotspur before the end of the month, according to The Sun.
The Dane left Spurs in January 2020 in order to link up with Inter Milan. His move to the Italian club has not gone according to plan as he has struggled for consistency and regular game time.
The report added that Inter are now prepared to offload the 28-year-old and will listen to offers in the region of £27 million.
During his seven-year spell with Tottenham, Eriksen established himself as one of the Premier League’s best playmakers.
It is thought that the main reason behind his Spurs exit was to join a team that can challenge for major titles.
Eriksen is a proven top performer in the Premier League and is familiar to the Spurs set-up; hence he could be a good signing for the club.
However, his signing will be met with mixed responses from fans.
The way that he left the club in January 2020 was not ideal. He left at a time when the club was struggling for consistency. Some fans questioned whether his departure had an impact on the club’s chances of finishing in the top-four last season.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups