According to The Independent, Leeds United will miss out on the signing of Liverpool striker Rhian Brewster to Championship rivals Swansea City.
It has been reported that Brewster has agreed personal terms with Swansea and will join the Championship club on loan from Premier League outfit Liverpool in the January transfer window.
The report has claimed that the 19-year-old striker will complete his loan move to the Swans on Tuesday, with both Leeds and Bristol City missing out.
Both Leeds and City were on standby in case there was a breakdown in negotiations, but everything has been sorted after an initial hiccup, according to the report.
Brewster is a very talented and promising young striker, but the England Under-21 international does not have any experience of playing first-team football.
While it will be a disappointment for Leeds that they are missing out on the teenager, but there is still enough time in the January transfer window for the West Yorkshire outfit to find a new striker.
- From Lewandowski to Eriksen – 10 Best Transfers In July 2022
- Best EPL pre-season matches to watch this weekend
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups