Tottenham Hotspur boss Jose Mourinho and fringe defender Danny Rose clashed at the club’s training ground after the Spurs manager left the full-back out of his squad for Saturday’s clash with Watford, according to the Daily Mail.
The 29-year-old was reportedly unhappy after he was axed ahead of the clash at Vicarage Road.
It is understood that Rose demanded an explanation from his manager in their Tottenham training session on Sunday, claiming that he was fully fit to play against the Hornets.
Mourinho has gone on to state that the England international was carrying a small back injury and as such the Spurs boss opted for Japhet Tanganga at left-back, with Ryan Sessegnon on the bench.
Rose praised Mourinho’s appointment earlier in the season but the Spurs fans will hope to avoid any bust-ups in the club’s dressing room.
The veteran defender has not fared well in the Premier League under the new trainer with only one Premier League start since the Portuguese manager took charge in November.
The report also suggests that Newcastle United are interested in Rose and want to land him on loan before the close of the January transfer market – but Tottenham would prefer to sell Rose.
- Liverpool Transfers Update: Mane edging closer to Anfield exit as Klopp eyes midfield reinforcements
- Tottenham Hotspur ready to fork out £43m to land Alessandro Bastoni’s alternative
- Chelsea vs Liverpool FA Cup Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Liverpool vs Everton Preview
- FA Cup Final Preview; Chelsea Star Eyed By Real Madrid & Liverpool Target Barcelona Starlet