According to Football Insider, Derby County are among the clubs interested in signing Ben Whiteman from Doncaster Rovers in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Derby are planning to make a move for the 23-year-old midfielder this month.
The report has added that Blackburn Rovers and Barnsley are also planning to make offers for the former Sheffield United youngster.
Whiteman has made 23 starts in League One for Doncaster so far this season, scoring five goals in the process, according to WhoScored.
The 23-year-old midfielder has also played twice in the FA Cup and once in the EFL Cup for Donny, according to WhoScored.
With Doncaster aiming to finish in the top six of the League One table this season, it would make sense for them to hold onto Whiteman.
True, the likes of Derby, Blackburn and Rovers could make considerable offers, but if promotion is what they are looking for, then Rovers should keep hold of Whiteman.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer