According to Football Insider, Derby County are among the clubs interested in signing Ben Whiteman from Doncaster Rovers in the January transfer window.
It has been reported that Derby are planning to make a move for the 23-year-old midfielder this month.
The report has added that Blackburn Rovers and Barnsley are also planning to make offers for the former Sheffield United youngster.
Whiteman has made 23 starts in League One for Doncaster so far this season, scoring five goals in the process, according to WhoScored.
The 23-year-old midfielder has also played twice in the FA Cup and once in the EFL Cup for Donny, according to WhoScored.
With Doncaster aiming to finish in the top six of the League One table this season, it would make sense for them to hold onto Whiteman.
True, the likes of Derby, Blackburn and Rovers could make considerable offers, but if promotion is what they are looking for, then Rovers should keep hold of Whiteman.
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Premier League’s 2023 Ballon d’Or nominees