Fabrizio Romano has claimed on the ‘Here we go’ podcast that Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Dele Alli is trying to force through a move this month.
Alli has struggled for game time with Spurs this season, having only made one Premier League start so far. The relationship between player and Jose Mourinho seems to have completely broken down.
As things stand, Alli will miss out on a place in the England squad for the European Championships next summer. The midfielder will be aware that he needs to play regularly to earn his spot, and that could be a reason behind his desire to leave.
Tottenham Hotspur Chairman Daniel Levy, who is known for being one of the game’s shrewdest negotiators, is reluctant to allow the Englishman to leave.
Alli has previously been linked with a move to PSG, and the rumours have intensified since Mauricio Pochettino was appointed as the new manager of the French giants two weeks ago.
The Argentinean was the manager that brought Alli to Spurs from MK Dons in 2015. During the Pochetino reign, the Englishman established himself as one of the top-rated young players in Europe.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups