Mauricio Pochettino could be set to reunite with Dele Alli at PSG, according to a report by AS.
The Argentine returned to management last week after being appointed as the new PSG boss, succeeding the sacked Thomas Tuchel. Prior to his appointment at the Parc des Princes, Pochettino had been out of work since leaving Spurs in November 2019.
On paper, it seems like Alli joining PSG at this point would be in the best interest of all parties involved. The Englishman is seemingly surplus to requirements at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium under Jose Mourinho and has played just four times in the Premier League this season.
Under the guidance of Pochettino, Alli became one of the most coveted young English talents. Pochettino brought Alli to Tottenham from MK Dons in 2015, and it was also under him that the 24-year-old blossomed.
Alli’s form has dipped over the past two years, which has seen him drop out of the England side and fall down the Spurs pecking order.
The report also added that Pochettino could also move for former Spurs star Christian Eriksen at PSG. Eriksen left Spurs in January 2020 to join Inter Milan, but things have not gone according to plan for the Dane in Italy.
- EFL Cup final preview: Chelsea vs Liverpool – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Napoli submit new offer for Mangala but Nottingham Forest not impressed
- Preview: Fulham vs Arsenal – Prediction, Team News, Line-ups
- Preview: England vs Malta – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion – prediction, team news, line-ups