According to Football Insider, Chelsea have given Ashley Akpan permission to travel to Leeds United next week for a trial.
The defender is reported to be on the radar of Yorkshire and Championship rivals Leeds and Huddersfield Town.
The report has claimed that the 15-year-old defender will arrive at Thorp Arch for a trial next week other rather than this week as initially planned.
One for the future
Akpan is only 15 years of age, but the teenager is hugely talented and has a lot of potential.
Leeds have one of the best youth academies in England, and the West Yorkshire outfit have a history of producing promising talents.
Meanwhile, the Leeds first team are aiming to clinch automatic promotion from the Championship to the Premier League at the end of the season.
Marcelo Bielsa’s side are second in the Championship table at the moment with 52 points from 27 matches, just a point behind leaders West Bromwich Albion.
- Preview: England vs Ukraine Preview – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Travel & accessibility details for four key Champions League ties
- Liverpool not for sale, insists owner John Henry
- Manchester United vs Leicester City Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Liverpool Preview – Prediction, how to watch & Potential line-ups