According to Football Insider, Chelsea have given Ashley Akpan permission to travel to Leeds United next week for a trial.
The defender is reported to be on the radar of Yorkshire and Championship rivals Leeds and Huddersfield Town.
The report has claimed that the 15-year-old defender will arrive at Thorp Arch for a trial next week other rather than this week as initially planned.
One for the future
Akpan is only 15 years of age, but the teenager is hugely talented and has a lot of potential.
Leeds have one of the best youth academies in England, and the West Yorkshire outfit have a history of producing promising talents.
Meanwhile, the Leeds first team are aiming to clinch automatic promotion from the Championship to the Premier League at the end of the season.
Marcelo Bielsa’s side are second in the Championship table at the moment with 52 points from 27 matches, just a point behind leaders West Bromwich Albion.
- Aston Villa in Pole Position to Sign Wantaway Everton Star Lucas Digne
- Chelsea Boss Thomas Tuchel Delivers Verdict on Christian Pulisic’s Display Against Liverpool
- World Cup 2022 Qualification Update: Which Teams have Qualified, Which Teams Are In The Play-offs
- Tottenham Hotspur hold talks over the future of Nuno Espirito Santo
- Why Romelu Lukaku decided to join Chelsea this summer